AHCCCS Insurance for Addiction Treatment
Guide to Coverage and Benefits
The information below is directly from the AHCCCS Website, for further information please go to: www.azahcccs.gov
If you are waiting for your application to be processed or you are not eligible for AHCCCS medical assistance, you may qualify to receive drug and alcohol and mental health treatment services through other funding sources administered by the Regional Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA). For more information, contact the RBHA in your area: Central Arizona at 800-564-5465; Northern Arizona at 800-640-2123; Southern Arizona at 866-495-6738.
Intensive Treatment Systems is a recipient of the Substance Abuse Block Grant (SABG) administered by the RBHA.
It’s important to choose a health plan that serves your county:
- All AHCCCS health plans provide the same covered medical services.
- Before choosing a health plan, check with your doctor, pharmacy or hospital to see if they work with the plan that you want. If you want more information about the doctors, specialists or hospitals that work with a health plan that serves your county, call the number listed below for the health plan or visit the plan’s website.
- American Indian members may choose from American Indian Health Program or an AHCCCS health plan.
- If you do not choose a health plan, one will be assigned to you.
- If you have been enrolled in an AHCCCS health plan within the past 90 days, you may be enrolled with your previous health plan.
- If you need help selecting a health plan you may speak to a Beneficiary Support Specialist by calling (602) 417-7100 from area codes (480), (602), and (623) or 1-(800)-334-5283 from area codes (520) and (928).
Remember to always go onto HEA+ Healthy Arizona Plus, to update your information and to report any changes.
If you are struggling or need assistance; a member of Intensive Treatment Systems Peer Support team can assist you in navigating the system and offer support and education, so you are able to access the best plan to meet your individual needs.